my most up to date portfolio is my instagram page so check that out first but here is the more legit lore
emma backstory : :
- worked at shopify for five years as a software engineer && creative technologist
- has a degree in computer science
- left shopify after freelancing graphic design on the side && after the nike shoe i worked on released
- freelances graphic design, merch design, website/shopify store building, && selling my own creations
- wants to make things that make people go “huh💭”
- has produced album covers, clothes, jewelry, sculptures, event posters, websites, && social media content.
- && i want to keep making more of it all. is keen on being keen. && evolving. && trying.
well-versed in : :
- blender + 3D scanning software
- creative coding software like p5.js
- irl tools
- power tools
- 3D printers
- crayons, pencils, etc…
- && also anything else you need me to know. i learn quick
- common sense. && uncommon sense
some projects I’ve been a part of : : …
froSkate, graphic designer
- designed the logos + worked on their merch + packaging since 2021
- this led to a Nike SB Dunk collab
- i did all the illustrations on the shoes, clothes, stickers, packaging
- we also released Nike apparel alongside the shoes with my designs on them
Mob x Top Of The World Griptape
- designed && modelled with && advertised griptape collab between Mob Grip && the skateshop Top Of The World
- link 2 funny video showing how to use it
typography + font making
- i made these two .ttf file fonts. the first one was for a local restaurant with the help of a local artist named Patrick Thompson who cut the letters out of paper && the second was hand drawn for fun, one evening on my own
- more personal type-heavy pieces i made for fun:
ambiguous object production
- i <3 the production process && making for the sake of making things that people haven’t seen before. && for the sake of figuring how systems work. && then sharing it back through social media && new presentation && then getting input from the world. && then repeating the process all over again
once again, more human-ness on my instagram.
ultimately, i want to get really fucking good @ visual design as a whole. @ the most fundamental level. i want to concoct whimsical brain-itching visual pieces.
i luv patterns && ideas. && the patterns of ideas. && banter.
i like interesting ways of presenting things. like carving words into fruit.
&& i swear we’d have fun along the way